Nine bookies braved the elements, but punters looked a bit thin on the ground. Although only two point-to-points took place in the country, it was unfortunate that this fixture clashed with the South Dorset at Milborne St Andrew, just 70 miles away in the adjacent Wessex area.
- Only two horses were seriously involved in the market for the opener. The eventual winner Whenharrymetsally settled at 6-5 from 5-4, with Thinkaboutthat marginally preferred at 10-11 (evens best). The latter finished lame in fourth place.
- Double Bank turned in a sparkling performance to demolish his seven rivals in the Men’s Open. He was cut from 4-5 to 4-6 and left his rivals behind nearly as far as Exeter. There was backing for course winner Welstonedruid (4’s to 2’s) but this was not his day.
- A few of the eight runners attracted interest in the Ladies’ Open, but the useful looking winner Beuvron was easy to back at 5’s despite being well written up in the official point to point form book. The favourite Iron Chancellor was solid at evens and 6-5, and the exposed Ned White traded from 4’s to 11-4.
- Three of the six runners in the Intermediate were returned at 9-4 and less, with the fortunate winner Tiger Rag drifting from 5-2 to 4’s.
- Johny No Cash was the popular choice in the Subaru Restricted qualifier (2’s to 6-4 fav), whereas the winner Tolatetobeearly took a walk from 3-1 to 9-2 (5’s to a couple of shillings). Too Late was on time here and he can win again.
- Stony Road was solid at 5-4 in the last race where More Tricks was supported from 9-2 to 7-2. Sea Bear had shown little form in Ireland, but towed his handler enthusiastically round the parade ring and his in-form stable struck again landing some nice bets from 4’s to 3’s.
Sunday 14 February 2015, Western Point-To-Point, Royal Cornwall Showground, Wadebridge.
- Pony Racing Results: Mid Devon Point-To-Point, Black Forest Lodge, 1st February 2015
- GRANVILLE’S BETTING GOSSIP – MID DEVON AT BLACK FOREST LODGE 1 FEB 2015
- REPORT ON THE MID DEVON POINT-TO-POINT AT BLACK FOREST LODGE SUNDAY 1st FEBRUARY 2015
- Females Jockeys Dominate Subaru Restricted Point-to-Point Series Race at Black Forest Lodge
- Results: Mid Devon Point-To-Point, Black Forest Lodge 1st Feb 2015
- Mid Devon Point-To-Point entries and form, Black Forest Lodge, 1st February 2015
- Preview: Mid Devon Point-To-Point – Black Forest Lodge Sunday 1 February 2015
- Subaru Restricted Point to Point Series makes its first visit to the South-West
- Mid Devon P2P, Black Forest Lodge Pony Racing Preview and entries, 1 Feb 2015
- Update: Mid Devon Point-To-Point, Black Forest Lodge, 1st February 2015