Following “entries weekend” we have received 106 entries and having divided the Open Maiden Race, we now have seven races scheduled on the card and as of this afternoon (Monday 9th March)the Clerk of the Course reports the preliminary Going as Soft, Good to Soft in Places.
The BHA’s local Course Inspector will be visiting the course on Wednesday of this week and fresh updates on the Going will be posted daily thereafter on Talking Point and D&C Area website up to and including race day. Following the February meeting, all the jumps were moved onto fresh ground, the track reinstated and rolled. Horses will, in any case, be racing on all fresh ground at this next meeting.
The day’s proceedings commence at 12 noon with D&C Young Rider Pony Racing and a full house of 10 plus two reserves for the 138cm, and nine entries for the 148’s. It is worth noting that four of the seven races at Great Trethew last Sunday were won by Pony Racing graduates, highlighting its worth as invaluable early training experience for future novice PtP riders.
The main point-to-point meeting starts at 1pm and includes a Members, Farmers & Subscribers Race, Open Maiden race Divisions l & ll , a Mixed Open race, a Connolly’s Redmills Precision Nutrition Intermediate qualifying race, a Countryside Alliance Club Members for Novice Riders race and last on the card, a Restricted race due off at 4.40pm. The Dart Vale & South Pool Harriers’ hounds will parade on the course after the fourth race.
Located alongside the A38 at Lower Dean (TQ11 0LT) the course is clearly sign posted and easily accessed via the slip roads off to Lower Dean. It offers excellent viewing, exciting racing, bookies, quality hot/cold food and drink, a licensed bar with real ale, trade stands and displays for all to enjoy.
Entry costs £10 per person to £25 per car maximum (up to four adults); Under 16’s are free; race cards cost £2.50. As 15th March is also Mother’s Day , why not treat her to a fun day at the races – we are giving away a box of chocolates to the first fifty families paying to park! A one-way system operates for car parking whereby vehicles enter at the top of the bank, drive downhill to park and on leaving, continue downhill to join a hard track to a lower exit point. There is good hard standing for horseboxes in the lorry park. For enquiries contact: Mrs E Ashby, DVSPH PtP Secretary, Tel 01548 531490.
Met Office 5 day forecast: Buckfastleigh, 1 mile from TQ11 OLT
- GRANVILLE’S BETTING GOSSIP DART VALE & HALDON POINT-TO-POINT – BUCKFASTLEIGH 15 MAR 2015
- PONY RACING RESULTS FOR THE DART VALE & HALDON HARRIERS POINT-TO-POINT, BUCKFASTLEIGH, Sunday 15th March 2015
- REPORT ON THE DART VALE & HALDON HARRIERS POINT-TO-POINT AT BUCKFASTLEIGH SUNDAY 15TH MARCH 2015
- RESULTS: DART VALE & HALDON HARRIERS AT BUCKFASTLEIGH 15 MARCH 2015
- Buckfastleigh going update
- PONY RACING ENTRIES: DART VALE & HALDON HARRIERS @ BUCKFASTLEIGH Sunday 15th March 2015
- Update for Buckfastleigh: Thursday, 12 March 2015
- Dart Vale & Haldon Harriers Point-To-Point entries and form, Buckfastleigh, 15 March 2015
- Buckfastleigh update, Wednesday 11 March 2015.
- Preview: Dart Vale & Haldon Harriers Point-To-Point, Buckfastleigh, Sunday 15th March 2015