Written by: Donna Harris
THE Spooners & West Dartmoor host the first of two Point-to-Point horse racing fixtures in the area, to be held over the Easter weekend, with their meeting taking place on Saturday April 4th at Cherrybrook, near Tavistock. Six races are on offer which start at 1pm. They include a competitive Mixed Open, sponsored by Langdon Transport, in which entries include prolific winning mare Lucette Annie and Hunter Chase winner Double Bank. Hameldown Tor is another entry holding strong claims if following up from his win at Milborne St Andrew where jockey Rob Henderson clocked up his 100th winner.
The Exeter Racecourse Intermediate race features, which is a qualifier for the Connolly’s Red Mills Intermediate Championship final Hunter Chase to be at Cheltenham on April 29th. Entries include the two Nicola Martin-trained horses According To Harry and Sonoftheking, both with a strong chance of winning here. Miss Gotaway is another suggestion, having progressed well when taking the Restricted race at Buckfastleigh under Jamie Thomas for trainer Kayley Woollacott.
The Members race is sponsored by Condy Mathias, this could see locally trained Dicky Bob make it five out of five in Point races, having won at Kilworthy two weeks ago for the Verity Nicholls team, he seems unstoppable.
Tyre Marks sponsor the Restricted race, in which the Ed Walker-trained Doyen Dynamo could follow up on his win two weeks ago at Kilworthy, when taking the Maiden race three lengths ahead of Steel Brush. On Your Max another from the Walker team, ran a good second at Larkhill recently. Lucius Fabeo and Polo The Mumm could figure if the going stays soft, for novice jockey’s Olivia Hutchings and Hannah Welch.
The Rock Inn sponsor the Confined, with Mic’s Delight possibly skipping this meeting for Mondays fixture, it will leave the door open for Diamond Brook to follow up on his second to Dicky Bob at Kilworthy. Mausefalle is another to catch the eye, after his win under jockey Darren Edwards in the Members race also at Kilworthy.
The Open Maiden race is sponsored by Charles Stanley, which closes the days event. Suggestions are Spendajennie, Arny and Mount Prospex.
The course at Cherrybrook is a popular picnic track for all the family, with on course facilities of bar, bookies, many trade stands and hot refreshments. Entrance to the course is £10 per car & driver, passengers £10 to a maximum of £30, with children under 16 free. The course is located north of Tavistock signed from A386. Postcode PL19 OLA
Met Office 5 day forecast: Tavistock
- GRANVILLE’S BETTING GOSSIP – SPOONERS & WEST DARTMOOR POINT-TO-POINT AT CHERRYBROOK SATURDAY 4TH APRIL 2015
- REPORT ON THE SPOONERS & WEST DARTMOOR POINT-TO-POINT AT CHERRYBROOK SATURDAY 4TH APRIL 2015
- RESULTS: SPOONERS & WEST DARTMOOR POINT-TO-POINT, CHERRYBROOK, EASTER SATURDAY, 4TH APRIL 2015
- Spooners & West Dartmoor Point-To-Point entries and form, Cherrybrook, Easter Saturday, 4th April 2015
- Preview: Spooners & West Dartmoor Point-To-Point, Cherrybrook, nr Tavistock, Saturday 4th April 2015
- Advanced going update: Spooners Point-To-Point at Cherrybrook on Easter Saturday, 4th April 2015
- Sponsors recognise appeal of point-to-pointing
- 2014-15 fixture list now available on www.pointtopoint.co.uk