Only two favourites out of eight managed to score and any punters with any cash left must have found it hard to find 12-1 and 10-1 winners of the last two races.
Before The War (2-5 to 4-11 fav) set the tone for the afternoon when succumbing to the late thrust of the locally trained Ambitious Pursuit (easy to back at 3-1 and 7-2) in the opener.
Le Clo De La Londe (9-4 fav) has failed to reproduce his early season form recently and could only finish fifth behind his stable companion Pasternak Jack (8’s to 10’s) in the Restricted. Indian Dancer (5‘s to 4’s) and Trumpet Major (7-2 to 3’s) also proved disappointing behind the easy winner.
One or two skirmishers had evens about Hameldown Tor in the featured four miles race. Robbie Henderson’s mount never looked in danger of defeat after being backed in to 4-7 fav .
Henderson gave an equally confident ride to Level Spirit (7-4 out to 5-2) to secure his double in the Confined where the late plunge on course winner Right Enough (5-2 to 2-1 fav) went astray.
Knight Pass started his career by beating subsequently top class Sire De Grugy in a bumper, but has lost time through injury since a quartet of successes under rules. Now with Nikki Frost, he has gradually found his form this season, and made all here to win the Conditions event at 2-1 fav. Probably the best value bet of the day.
I missed the 6-1 early offer about Applesolutely in the DBS young horse qualifier. She traded as little as 7-2 and 3’s at the off. Having noted her debut promise at Great Trethew last month that was probably still a backable price and I am still kicking myself.
A crystal ball would have been handy to search for the last two winners: Sedgemoor Top Bid looked the part but had little to commend him on the form book and his 12-1 SP seemed a bit skinny. He just got up to beat Follow The Plan (7-2 to 4’s) in the last few strides
Nudge The Nugget has had plenty of chances between the flags and his 10-1 SP in the second part of the Open maiden was the second leg of a 121-1 double for his rider Heidi Lewis.
Westcountry Videos filmed the meeting, order on 01884 840403 or through the website later in the week at www.westcountryvideos.co.uk
- GRANVILLE’S BETTING GOSSIP – DARTMOOR POINT-TO-POINT AT FLETE PARK 18th April 2015
- REPORT ON THE DARTMOOR POINT TO POINT AT FLETE PARK, SATURDAY 18TH APRIL
- DARTMOOR POINT TO POINT RESULTS 18 APR 2015
- Dartmoor Point-To-Point entries and form, Flete Park, 18th April 2015
- Preview: Dartmoor Point to Point – Flete Park, Saturday, 18 April 2015
- Pony Racing Entries: Dartmoor Point-To-Point, Flete Park, 18th April 2015
- Update: Dartmoor Point-To-Point, Pony & Heavy Horse Racing, Flete Park, 18th April 2015
- The Official 2015 Point-To-Point Pony Racing Fixture List
- 2014-15 fixture list now available on www.pointtopoint.co.uk