The Stevenstone meeting at Vauterhill, High Bickington, offers a great way to enjoy the scenic countryside on Bank Holiday Monday May 4th. This fixture now has seven races on offer which start with the Lomas family-sponsored Members race at 2pm, which is in memory of Major Jack & Mrs Margaret Lomas. Entries include Just Seven from the Roy Smith yard, looking to follow up on their five lengths second at Littlewindsor. Ahh Bless, trained by Carol Lawrence is another to consider, having been in the frame on two of his outings this season when third at Buckfastleigh and Great Trethew.
Davisons Chartered Accountants-sponsored Restricted race looks very competitive, two of the recent Sarah Prouse-trained winners are entered, Beetle Jack and Cracking Habit both won their maiden races at Upcott Cross, with Cracking Habit clocking up a quick time under jockey Darren Edwards. Templeton from Kayley Woollacotts team ran a good one length second in a 16 runner Restricted at Kilworthy, and Gleannacreim for Charlotte Hawker conections is another to have run well in Restricted company.
In the Holiday Cottages-sponsored Mixed open, Steeltown, another from the Woollacott team, has already has his nose in front this season, winning his race by 22 lengths at Cotley. Welstonedruid is another who could run well after his break since winning at Great Trethew in March.
Jepeck is currently on four wins out of six starts, his latest win came at Upcott Cross, he should run well here in the Kivells-sponsored Confined race. Minella Web, also from the Woollacott team took his Intermediate race at Kilworthy in March in a notably quick time and could be the bookies favourite.
In the Wades-sponsored Intermediate race, Hallo Dolly is an interesting entry, having been off the track for two years, she was in the frame on all six of her starts up until then, including two wins at Trebudannon. Both King Kash after his second to Diamond Brook at Cherrybrook, and Pasternak Jack after his recent Flete Park win under jockey Heidi Lewis could head the field.
Suggestions in the Brewer Harding & Rowe-sponsored Open Maiden race are Whatastormnorm after his notable second and third at the Great Trethew meetings, also entry High Priority from the Keith Cumings team, having scored a four-length second behind Applesolutely at Flete Park.
The final race of the day, is the Jockey Club Mares Maiden race, which is being run in memory of Jane Wickett. Reuben Chapman’s horses have been running well this season, and this race could see Onwegoagain follow up on his recent second to Annwyl at Upcott Cross.
On course facilities are hot refreshments, bar, bookies and trade stands.
The course is located at High Bickington (signed from A377,A3124 & B3217) Post code EX37 9BT. Entrance is £10 car & driver, £20 car driver and passenger, £30 per car load, under sixteens go free.
Met Office 5 day forecast: Warkleigh (3.7 miles)
- GRANVILLE’S BETTING GOSSIP – STEVENSTONE POINT-TO-POINT, VAUTERHILL 4TH MAY 2015
- REPORT: STEVENSTONE POINT-TO-POINT AT VAUTERHILL, HIGH BICKINGTON, BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 4TH MAY 2015
- RESULTS: STEVENSTONE POINT-TO-POINT AT VAUTERHILL, HIGH BICKINGTON, BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY 4TH MAY 2015
- Update: Stevenstone Point-To-Point at Vauterhill, Bank Holiday Monday, 4th May 2015
- Stevenstone Point-To-Point entries and form, Vauterhill, Bank Holiday Monday, 4th May 2015
- PREVIEW: STEVENSTONE POINT-TO-POINT AT VAUTERHILL ON BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY, 4th MAY 2015
- Update: Stevenstone Point-To-Point, Vauterhill, Bank Holiday Monday 4th May 2015
- Reminder of the contact details for the new secretary of the Stevenstone Point-To-Point
- Stevenstone additional race and national series qualifier
- 2014-15 fixture list now available on www.pointtopoint.co.uk