The Point-to-Point Authority (PPA) is the body responsible for the administration, management, promotion and development of the amateur sport of Point-to-Point Horseracing in Great Britain. Two opportunities have arisen to join the PPA team owing to the relocation of the company’s office. Both roles will assist with the administration and promotion of one of horseracing’s most cherished assets. The distinct and specific duties of each role will be confirmed according to the experience of selected candidates.
Overall responsibilities will include:
• Liaison with and support of the sport’s Stakeholders and their membership.
• Working with The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) to assist with the administration of the Regulatory function.
• Assisting the PPA’s Medical Advisor and overseeing the processing of Point-to-Point jockeys’ licence applications.
• General office duties with specific responsibility for managing database records.
• Providing interesting and relevant PR, including maintaining the National website (in conjunction with the Point-to-Point Racing Company).
• Supporting the chief executive in managing relationships with the PPA’s commercial partners, National and jockey Sponsors.
• Overseeing the organisation and smooth-running of PPA events, such as seminars, public relations days and an annual awards ceremony.
• Attendance at a number of Stakeholder meetings, Point-to-Point fixtures and PPA events.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong administration skills; exceptional IT and social media capability; and be able to provide clear examples of delivering excellent customer service in a previous role. A working knowledge of horseracing is desirable, so too a flexible, team approach to working hours during busy periods.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter, including their current terms, plus clear examples of career experience that matches the areas of responsibility outlined above, to the chief executive at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 12 June
First interview date: Friday 19 June