British point-to-pointing is getting a new weekly column in the Racing Post, bringing the sport to a daily readership of over 40,000 racing fans.
Starting tomorrow and on every Friday throughout the season, the paper and iPad editions will preview the best of the weekend’s sport, list the fixtures, and focus on emerging talent and those making the headlines. The paper will also highlight winning British point-to-point graduates under Rules with success boxes in its results section.
Bruce Millington editor at the Racing Post said: “British point-to-pointing is a thriving and important sport and we are pleased to be covering it every Friday.
“As well as giving readers information on the weekend’s fixtures we will be covering the stories of the people and horses that make point-to-pointing such a source of fascination.”
Clare Hazell, Chief Executive of the Point-to-Point Authority, said: “We are delighted point-to-pointing returns this week to the Racing Post. It is a great boost for the sport to have a presence once again in Britain’s daily racing paper. The new column will follow the themes of the season, keep tabs on championship chasers, and give readers information on the weekend’s fixtures and directions to the courses.
“Our new partnership with the Racing Post extends to success boxes that highlight victories in Rules races by British point-to-point graduates in the paper’s results section. This will offer another indicator of the value British point-to-pointing brings to racing under Rules.”
- Andrew Merriam appointed chairman of Point-to-Point Authority Board
- ‘The Belfry’ is back for the 50th best of point-to-pointing
- PPA recruiting independent Board Member/Chairman
- NATIONAL PRESS COVERAGE OF POINT-TO-POINTING RETURNS, Weatherbys Point-to-Point, Weatherbys Point-to-Point
- PPA: PLENTY TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN NEW SEASON’S FIXTURES
- THE POINT-TO-POINT AUTHORITY – ANNUAL REPORT 2014-15
- Job posting: The Point-to-Point Authority LtdPoint-to-Point Liaison Assistant
- PPA: Four Burrow Point-To-Point rescheduled
- Four Burrow at Trebudannon cancelled
- Pointing good for Pendleton, good for pointing