British point-to-pointing is getting a new weekly column in the Racing Post, bringing the sport to a daily readership of over 40,000 racing fans.
Starting tomorrow and on every Friday throughout the season, the paper and iPad editions will preview the best of the weekend’s sport, list the fixtures, and focus on emerging talent and those making the headlines. The paper will also highlight winning British point-to-point graduates under Rules with success boxes in its results section.
Bruce Millington editor at the Racing Post said: “British point-to-pointing is a thriving and important sport and we are pleased to be covering it every Friday.
“As well as giving readers information on the weekend’s fixtures we will be covering the stories of the people and horses that make point-to-pointing such a source of fascination.”
Clare Hazell, Chief Executive of the Point-to-Point Authority, said: “We are delighted point-to-pointing returns this week to the Racing Post. It is a great boost for the sport to have a presence once again in Britain’s daily racing paper. The new column will follow the themes of the season, keep tabs on championship chasers, and give readers information on the weekend’s fixtures and directions to the courses.
“Our new partnership with the Racing Post extends to success boxes that highlight victories in Rules races by British point-to-point graduates in the paper’s results section. This will offer another indicator of the value British point-to-pointing brings to racing under Rules.”
- Provisional Point-to-Point 2019-20 Fixture List released
- Biddick set to make record score
- PPA Discussion Paper March 2019
- PPA: Procedures to be carried out at point-to-points in respect to Equine Influenza Precautions (21st Feb update)
- Increased support for British point-to-points
- New venues and early meetings in latest point-to-point fixtures list
- New riders’ training gets thumbs-up from British Champions
- Postponed: Four Burrow, Trebudannon, East Monday
- The PPA E-Newsletter – February 2018
- Update: North Cornwall Point-To-Point, Wadebridge, Sunday 7th January 2018