Saturday 6th February 2016, 15:57
Wadebridge is ON tomorrow.
The Clerk of the course is there now and says that the going is soft.
If the dip is too soft tomorrow they may take out fence 8, otherwise the course is looking fine.
Can lorries try and park on the tarmac roads where possible.
Friday 5th February 2016
The Clerk of the Course has been on the course today and reports that the going is still good to soft, soft in places.
Wednesday, 3rd February 2016
Linda Matthews, the secretary for the Western meeting has supplied the following going update today:
“The going today is good to soft, soft in places. 2 fences have been moved onto fresh ground and the course has recovered well with a good covering of grass.
The big change is that we’ve had to move the paddock today. The RC showground were concerned that the original paddock has not recovered well and they need it to be in good condition for cattle ring at the RC Show. So we’ve made a new paddock around the back of the Exhibition Hall. This means that horses will enter via a gate directly from the lorry park and leave the paddock through gates at the bottom with only a very short distance to the course near the Open Ditch. Spectators will have access to the paddock around the lower end of the hall and still be on hard surfaces. One advantage is that horses will not have to go through the gate with spectators, nor share the ramp near the car park.
We might have the presentation area inside this time, especially if the weather is bad. I’ve ordered a “Wadebridge Racing” banner which we can display in a designated area between the office and the hospitality area. This would be easy for jockeys and we could have a table for trophies and mementoes. If we decide to do this we’ll announce it regularly.”
Update: 22:41 – The presentations will definitely be indoors as the microphone won’t get reception in the new paddock. Linda Matthews will try and get one of her helpers to let trainers know how to access the new paddock. The showground staff have suggested that lorries and trailers access the parking area via the top end and drive downhill.
Met Office 5 day forecast: Wadebridge, 1.3 miles from PL27 7JE
- GRANVILLE’S BETTING GOSSIP – WESTERN POINT-TO-POINT 7 FEBRUARY 2016
- REPORT ON THE WESTERN POINT-TO-POINT AT WADEBRIDGE SUNDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2016
- RESULTS: WESTERN AT WADEBRIDGE 7 FEBRUARY 2016
- Western Point-To-Point, Wadebridge, 7th February 2016 going update
- Preview; The Western Point-to-Point Wadebridge Sunday 7th February 2016
- Visitors to the North Cornwall enjoyed the advantages of eticketing
- GRANVILLE’S BETTING GOSSIP – NORTH CORNWALL POINT-TO-POINT 10 JAN 2016
- REPORT ON THE NORTH CORNWALL POINT-TO-POINT AT THE ROYAL CORNWALL SHOWGROUND, WADEBRIDGE, SUNDAY 10TH JANUARY 2016
- RESULTS: NORTH CORNWALL POINT-TO-POINT AT WADEBRIDGE 10 JAN 2016
- North Cornwall Point-To-Point, Sunday 10th January 2016 – entries and form guide