Written by: Donna Harris
The second of two Point-to-Point meetings take place at the popular track Trebudannon near St Columb Major next Sunday 8th May. Seven races are on offer with a start time of 2pm, over 70 entries have been received. The Tremaine Plant Hire-sponsored Mixed Open looks to be the feature race of the day with entries such as Queens Bay unbeaten so far, Whenharrymetsally runner up here last time, and recent Cheltenham third Indiana Bay set to line up.
The Care & Co sponsored opening Maiden race could go the way of Tom Chanin trained and ridden Denis Our Menace to follow up on their second at the last meeting here, with debutante Amzac Magic expected to run well for the Jack Barber team, who have a good strike rate with maidens at this course, and With The Flow-sired Walllabrook for the Ed Walker team who are bang in form.
Volvo sponsor the Club Members race in which the prolific winning Blazing Whale could add to his twelve point wins to date for trainer Ed Walker, Delphi Mountain could be the main challenger having previously shown good form under rules and got the better of another entry Buck’s Bond at Ston Eston in March.
In the Jockey Club Mares Maiden race owner/trainer jockey Zoe Hawkins will be hoping Silver Mix has recovered from her fall at Stafford Cross and improve on her third at Great Trethew, whilst debutantes Quite Right and Tangley would be worth noting in the betting ring.
Le Clo de la Londe won here at the April meeting and could defy top weight and take the C & S Perkins-sponsored Intermediate race for the Kayley Woollacott team, but will need to shake off the challenges of the Jack Barber entries Captain Probus a winner at both Littlewindsor and Barbury, or Bishops Court winner Earthpower with champion jockey Will Biddick booked to ride.
In the R & J Trevarthen-sponsored Restricted race the Barber team are treble entered with the Paul Nicholls owned Black Valentine who won at Little Windsor, Innocent Girl a runner up in two Restricted races, both also hold entries at Holnicote on Saturday leaving a possibility of The Happy Chappy for owner Graham Roach following up on his maiden win here at the last meeting. Betty’s Boy for local owner Ross Oliver could be the one to take him on, or Winter Garden who is expected to run well for the Rueben Chapman team.
Finally up is the Open Maiden race and of the 19 entries those to catch the eye are previous second placed here Tetralogy, debutente Doctor Tiger and Brandy & Red after his second at the Axe Vale meeting.
The course offers fabulous hillside viewing, a licensed bar, hot food and refreshments, bookies and trade stands. Entrance to the course is £10 per person. Children under 16 free. Dogs on leads welcome.
Course is located at Trebudannon, St Columb Major (Signed off A30 & A39) Post code TR9 4LP
Met Office 5 day forecast: St Mawgan (2.2 miles)
- GRANVILLE’S BETTING GOSSIP: FOUR BURROW POINT-TO-POINT AT TREBUDANNON,SATURDAY 8th MAY 2016
- REPORT ON THE FOUR BURROW POINT-TO-POINT AT TREBUDANNON,SATURDAY 8th MAY 2016
- RESULTS: FOUR BURROW POINT-TO-POINT AT TREBUDANNON, 8th MAY 2016
- Entries: Four Burrow Point-To-Point, Trebudannon, Sunday, 8th May 2016
- Preview: Four Burrow Point-To-Point, Trebudannon, Saturday, 8th May 2016
- Granville’s Betting Gossip from the Four Burrow Point-To-Point at Trebudannon on Saturday 23rd April 2016
- REPORT ON THE FOUR BURROW POINT-TO-POINT AT TREBUDANNON,SATURDAY 23 APRIL 2016
- RESULTS: FOUR BURROW POINT-TO-POINT AT TREBUDANNON, 23RD APRIL 2016
- Entries: Four Burrow Point-To-Point, Trebudannon, Saturday, 23rd April 2016
- Preview: Four Burrow Point-To-Point, Trebudannon, Saturday, 23rd April 2016