The Point-to-Point Authority
Date Posted: 5th July 2016
Location: Swindon , England, United Kingdom
Position: Part Time
Skills Required: Outstanding administration and IT skills. Exceptional Customer Service. Working to tight time-scales
The Point-to-Point Authority (PPA) is the body responsible for the administration, management, promotion and development of the amateur sport of Point-to-Point Horseracing in Great Britain.
An opportunity has arisen to join a small team on a part-time basis working a minimum of 24 hours per week in order to assist with the administration of one of horseracing’s most cherished assets.
The duties include:
• Specific responsibility for the liaison with, and support of the Point-to-Point Secretaries Association (PPSA) membership.
• Working closely with The British Horseracing Authority (BHA) Point-to-Point Executive in order to administer the Regulatory function.
• Dissemination of information to the sport’s Officials
• Production of reports, including statistical analysis.
• Assisting the PPA’s Medical Advisor while overseeing the processing of Point-to-Point jockeys’ licence applications.
• Supporting the day-to-day management of the PPA Office.
• Leading and assisting in the organisation and smooth-running of PPA and BHA events, such as seminars, public relations days and an annual awards ceremony.
• Some attendance at Stakeholder meetings, Point-to-Point fixtures and PPA promotional events.
It is essential that applicants are able to demonstrate their experience in delivering the following:
• Outstanding administration and IT skills
• Exceptional Customer Service
• Working to tight time-scales
It is also desirable that the candidates possess a working knowledge of horseracing.
Although this is a part-time position, flexibility may be required at times to meet the demands of the PPA and its events.
Applicants should send a CV and short covering letter, including clear examples of career experience matching the areas of responsibility outlined above to the chief executive at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 25 July
First interview date: Friday 5 August
Application Deadline: 25 July 2016.
Job Categories: Administration. Job Types: Part Time. Job expires in 17 days.