Update: Rescheduled Dart Vale & Haldon Harriers Point-To-Point, Buckfastleigh, Saturday 31st March 2018

Saturday 31st March 2018, 08:36

official confirmation: I’ve spoken to the Buckfastleigh secretary and the inspection was passed and racing is definitely ON.

Saturday 31st Match 2018, 07:35

Following persistent overnight rain, a Buckfastleigh Course Inspection has been called for

8.00am – a further update on this will be posted as soon as possible

Friday 30th March 2018, 13:28

There has been an inspection of the course today by local BHA Inspector, Claire Wonnacott,  Chief Steward, Terry Hamlin & Clerk of the Course John Bond, who have confirmed they are happy for racing to go ahead and that the Going is Heavy.  Note: The way-out from lorry park has been re-organised for ease of exit.  Buckfastleigh is on!

Friday 24 March, received 23.37pm

The PtP Secretary for Buckfastleigh reports that arrangements for their re-scheduled meeting on Easter Saturday, 31 March, are now well in hand and it’s all systems go for racing to go ahead there next weekend.  Regular Going reports will be posted during the coming week

Monday 19 March, posted 20.13pm

The Dart Vale postponed fixture will be run on next Saturday 31st March (Easter Saturday) with entries standing.

Friday 16 March, posted 14.36pm

The Dart Vale and Haldon Harriers fixture on this Sunday 18th March is postponed due to access to the lorry park and for services on the course. They are seeking to run on an alternative date.

Thursday 15 March, posted 5.30pm

Following persistent rain on Wednesday which continued overnight, the Clerk of the Course reports the Going today as Heavy, Soft in Places . It has been dry all day today with a drying breeze and preparations continue apace in readiness to race on Sunday.

Going Update: Tuesday, 13 March, posted 5.25pm

After weekend rain, work parties deferred working on the course yesterday until today.  The Clerk of the Course, John Bond, reports this afternoon that it has been dry and sunny all day and the Going is now Soft, Heavy in Places and conditions drier than he had expected.   They have progressed well with the work in hand,  all  fences and bends have been moved successfully and racing at this meeting will be on all fresh ground with a good covering of grass to the track.   Further bulletins will now follow throughout the week.

Preliminary Going is Soft for the DV&HH PtP on Sunday, 18 March 2018.

Following the February meeting, the course was reinstated, all the fences moved and racing will be on all fresh ground with a good covering of grass. Work parties will be on the Course on Monday and a report from the Clerk of the Course will be posted later that day.

Advertisements