BOOKIES 6 PUNTERS 1
The bookies came out well on top at the final Cornish fixture of the season where the well watered ground produced competitive racing. Six out of seven favourites went down the pan
Will Biddick rode in every race in his quest to regain the National title. Vincs Vinnie (evens out to 2-1) was his only winner of the day in the opener. This was a masterful ride because The Galloping Bear (7-4 to 4-5 fav) had jumped superbly and looked sure to win round the final bend, but could not quite withstand Biddick’s well timed challenge.
The next favourite to get beaten was Awesome Tunes (7-4 touched 9-4) who tried to make all under the champion in the PPORA Conditions race. He had to give best to his old adversary Soul Kaliber (7-2 to 3’s), the first of four winners on the day for Darren Edwards.
I made Minella Beag (11-10/5-4) the best bet of the day in the Mares maiden. She had caught the eye on her debut in a similar race at Kilworthy which has thrown up four subsequent winners. This time she held every chance until weakening two out. The Dartmoor Rose (4’s to 9-2) looked an assured winner until Tara Snipe (100-8) came with a wet sail up the home straight to win going away. Her breeding merits future attention as she is by Kayf Tara out of the prolific winning mare Sea Snipe, who won 17 races.
Another long shot struck in a classy Mixed Open. Whenharrymetsally and Kernel Victor were inseparable at 6-4 joint favourites, but failed to sparkle behind course specialist Earthly Reason (14-1 after 20’s in a place). He won on merit from the consistent Beat The Tide (6’s to 3’s).
Despite a serious mistake at half way, According To Harry (6-4 jt fav) beat Athreeothree (6-4 jt fav) comfortably in the Conditions event.
From then on it was the Darren Edwards show as he went on to complete a 180-1 four-timer thanks to Banco De Logos (11-4 touched 3’s) and Thewinnertakeitall (7-2). These succeses also meant that Dean Summersby had saddled three out of three during the afternoon.
Banco De Logos had a real battle with Golander (20’s to 10’s) before thrusting his head in front near the post in the Restricted. I backed the rangy gelding Foxworthy who was forced into 4-6 fav from evens (not all my money).He ran quite well, but not well enough to finish third.
I got fed up collecting losing tickets so decided that an ice cream was better value than jumping in on Chemin De Fer (6-4 to evens) in the lucky last. This half brother to the useful Santini looks a good sort and was given a kind introduction by Biddick. Thewinnertakeitall came clear from two out to beat Welsh challenger Poniel (5-2/11-4) to round off an excellent afternoon for his connections.
- Sunday 19th May 2019 Dulverton West Bratton Down, Bratton Fleming, Exmoor EX31 4SG 1st Race 2.00pm
- Sunday 26th May 2019 West Somerset Vale Cothelstone, Taunton, TA4 3DT 1st Race 2.00pm
- Bank Holiday Monday 27th May 2019 South Tetcott Upcott Cross, Halwill Junction EX21 5AE 1st Race 2.00pm
- Sunday 2nd June 2019 Exmoor Bratton Down, Bratton Fleming, Exmoor EX31 4SG 1st Race 2.00pm
- Sunday 9th June 2019 Tiverton Staghounds Bratton Down, Bratton Fleming, Exmoor EX31 4SG 1st Race 2.00pm
- Season Finale: Saturday 15th June 2019 Torrington Farmers Chapelton Barton, Umberleigh EX37 9EB 1st Race 2.00pm
- GRANVILLE’S BETTING GOSSIP – FOUR BURROW POINT-TO-POINT AT TREBUDANNON SUNDAY 12TH MAY 2019
- REPORT: FOUR BURROW POINT-TO-POINT AT TREBUDANNON 12TH MAY 2019
- RESULTS: FOUR BURROW POINT-TO-POINT AT TREBUDANNON 12TH MAY 2019
- Preview: Four Burrow Point-to-Point at Trebudannon, Sunday 12th May 2019
- REPORT- FOUR BURROW AT TREBUDANNON EASTER MONDAY 22 APRIL 2019
- RESULTS: FOUR BURROW AT TEBUDANNON EASTER MONDAY 22 APRIL 2019
- Entries: Four Burrow Point-To-Point, Trebudannon, Easter Monday 22nd April 2019
- Preview: Four Burrow Point-to-Point at Trebudannon, Easter Monday 22nd April 2019